“Hello blogosphere, my name is Ashley and I have an issue of busying myself far too much during the summer months.”
I know, I know, it has been a second since I’ve posted. I kick myself at the ending of every week for not finding the time to sit down and spend time with my keyboard. I feel like you’re all friends who have moved away and who I’ve promised to keep in touch with but… then I fail. So this is my little phone call to you all, promising to text, dial, email, smoke signal, whatever more in the future. I’m still here and I’m still here for you!
With that being said, Life is crazy right now. Work, House, volunteering committees seem to have devoured my every second and its every thing I can do to just find time to wash my clothes and brush my teeth. But hey, I love it! A quick overview: Wilbur and I are still happily together, I’ve recently picked up bujoing and am obsessed, my summer of weddings is about to be finished come August 12th, I danced with the idea of being a homeowner, I’ve committed to a few new responsibilities, Vinny from the Bachelorette liked my tweet… Overall Summer 2016 has been a rush and I’m excited to see what the rest of the year might bring! But, until I can actually sit down and choose a topic from my long list of options on my next blog post, enjoy this little nugget of wisdom found on Puckermob:
Originally posted on Puckermob:
It’s really easy to get caught up in your own head and believe you’re behind where you’re supposed to be for your age or that a single mistake is the end of the world.
Here are some signs that you’re actually doing much better than you think:
- You’re unsure about everything. Constantly wondering and questioning is a sign of intelligence. Have you noticed how it’s always the idiots that are so sure about every damn thing they are doing in their lives?
- You’re not content with something in your life. This is such an important thing because it means you’re self-aware and you don’t want to settle -and that’s the first and most crucial step towards change. So many people stay where they are – emotionally or physically – because it takes courage to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery.
- You fell for the wrong person and got your heart broken into a million pieces. Someone can be madly in love with you and still not be ready. They can love you in a way you have never been loved and still not give you what you need. That’s okay. There is a more extraordinary love out there that you would never know if it didn’t end it with the last one.
- You’ve lost something important to you and you’re still hurting. That means you are alive, you have a heart, you are healing, and your soul is learning the natural cycle of breaking and healing. The only real tragedy is the loss of emotions all together.
- You feel lost. That means you’re ahead of the game – anyone who thinks they’ve got it all figured out is settling for something for okay or sort of good enough. You’re lost because you know that there is much more inside of you than what you’re currently offering the world. Being lost keeps you hungry and it keeps you moving forward. You are exactly where you need to be right now.
- Your ego has been really hurt. In the words of Jillian Michaels, “A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul.”
- You have one or two friends that feel like your family. If you have one person in your life that just gets you, that you can call crying at 4 a.m. and you know that somehow, they will just make you feel better – you’re set.
- You’ve made mistakes. Mistakes are inevitable in a life worth living. As long as you learn from them, mistakes are very important. They teach you exactly what you want and who you want to be.
- Some days you feel miserable. Maybe it’s because of a breakup, a divorce, losing a job, or life’s just getting you down – whatever it is, the harder you slam a ball into the ground, the higher it bounces back up. Some days life is gonna rough you up a bit, but it will leave you stronger, more appreciative, more compassionate, and wiser. Beautiful people do not just happen – life is all about experience.
- You got rejected or didn’t get something you really wanted. Remember, when one door closes another door always opens. If you open your eyes, you will see the next door that opens is a better door.
- You didn’t get your perfect ending. Some of the best stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about making the best of each moment because we really don’t know what will happen next. Maybe you didn’t get your perfect ending, but you will get something so much better.
- You’re not the same person you were a year ago. So many people never change. They get stuck in their stubborn ways and never progress. Life is all about evolving.
This articles was originally written by Anna Bashedly on August 9, 2015.