Welcome to the first installation of Uncorking Peonies’ Savory Sundays (as mentioned in my Blog Update last week.) This was actually our dinner Friday evening before staying in on the raining night and renting a movie from RedBox. It was just one of those nights where I didn’t want the fuss of making an extensive recipe or doing dishes afterwards. Plus I hadn’t made this little digit for G yet and it is SO tasty — it was a must to end the week!
Though not the healthiest option, this recipe utilized all items I already had in the kitchen and some chicken breasts I had meant to cook a few days prior (but opted for some of the best local pizza instead. #YOLO) It received many compliments from my future hubs, so no complaints on this end for an easy Friday at home.
Place in the oven and eat in 30 minutes -- how easy is that! Be sure to use chicken cutlets for fastest cook time with no pre-cooking.
I love to make this easy foil-pack on nights I’m not feeling a lot of clean up afterwards. You get to skip dishes completely as it’s simpler to keep these chicken mixes in the foil even while eating!
- 1 package stuffing mix, chicken flavored
- 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced into 6oz)
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 fresh broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 4 Tbsp ranch dressing
- celery salt, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil
- Combine stuffing mix with water
- Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet
- Season chicken breast with seasonings to taste
- Top stuffing with a 6oz chicken breast
- Top chicken with 1/4 broccoli
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of cheese and 1/4 of bacon crumbles
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp ranch dressing
- Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation
- Place packets on a cookie sheet
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Remove packets and let stand for 5 minutes
- Cut slits in foil to allow steam out
- Serve immediately on foil as juices will have accumulated