G and I had a great Thanksgiving break. We traveled down to Indy and spent the day with G’s family. Our brother and sister-in-law also came from Iowa with our four-month-old nephew, and we were both in heaven. We absolutely love that little turkey, and any text/Snapchat/minute we’re able to have with him is a treasure. There is quite a bit to be thankful for this year, but little Z is definitely at the top of our list.
Another big blessing this year is our new home. With all our in-progress improvements, we decided to host an intimate Friendsgiving and game night. I love hosting these kinds of parties, but could only handle a small gathering this year with everything else happening. So we asked four of our friends to join us in a night of great food and better fellowship — and our hopes were over-filled! I’ll share our full menu in a future post, but I have to share this new and awesome recipe with you, friends. It is the perfect holiday appetizer, and makes a great breakfast too — trust me, I’m munching on it right now as G and I enjoy our pre-church coffee. Mmmm…
This original recipe can be found on The Novice Chef, but I tweaked it a bit to my tastes — and I also chose to split the recipe into 12 truffles and a medium-sized cheeseball for our Friendsgiving. They will be a part of our future holiday celebrations for years to come because they are DELISH!
Goat Cheese Holiday Truffles
These festive truffles take little time and taste like Christmas. Help your taste buds celebrate the holidays with these tasty little treats.
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp honey (or more, to taste)
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup Craisins
- handful fresh parsley
- Beat goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon and honey until light and fluffy.
- Fold in 1/2 cup pecans and set aside.
- Toss remaining pecans, Craisins, and parsley on parchment paper.
- Scoop our cheese filling with a spoon, roll into a ball, and roll through pecan mixture until covered. OR Roll cheese filling into a large cheese ball, and roll through pecan mixture until covered.
- Continue with all truffles.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.