Happy July, my friends! I am so proud of us all for surviving the first half of 2020. Wow. Has it been a year or what?! As the fresh produce season in Michigan is in full bloom, I thought now was a good time to write about the last thirty-or-so days of my transition into a “plant-forward” lifestyle.
Over Memorial Day weekend, G and I visited his brother and family in Iowa. While there, we happened upon The Game Changers on Netflix and it struck a nerve inside me. I had been wrestling with my current health and felt like I simply wasn’t doing enough. Enough for myself, enough for my future, enough for my family, enough for my world. As I watched The Game Changers though, it was as if a candle had been lit inside me.
Continue reading “30 Days Into My “Plant-Forward” Transitional Lifestyle”
Servings: 12 egg rolls
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pkg Vegan egg roll wraps (I use Nasoya)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cups cabbage slaw
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce OR coconut amino acids
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Sweet chili sauce, for dipping
- Chives OR green onions, for garnish
- Cooking oil as needed (I stick with EVOO)
- Heat skillet with enough EVOO to simmer ginger until fragrant
- Add cabbage slaw and cook 2-3 minutes, stir in tamari/amino acids, remove from heat
- Allow to cool before scooping about 2 Tbsp of filling onto 12 egg roll wraps
- Fold wraps: bottom corner over filling, then fold in side corners, and roll to wrap tight. Brush top flap/corner with water in order seal.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place rolls on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly brush rolls’ tops with EVOO and bake until golden brown (about 10-12 minutes.)
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and chives/green onions.